Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Moving Forward

     Currently life is about to get very busy. This is just a quick rundown of what the next few days are going to look like. Also, the individual didn't go as well as I wanted it to, but it's still a step in the right direction.
      The team splits up this afternoon. Most of us will stay in Munich tonight. Tomorrow morning Leif and I will head to Armin's place back in Antholz. We'll have about four days of light volume and some shooting. Then it's back to Munich where I fly to Helsinki, Finland. After a night in Helsinki the rest of my flight continues to Kontiolahti. The rest of the WC field will be there from the last WC in Oslo, Norway. After the Kontiolahti
 races the whole team has a short rest week in Antholz. Then we head over to Ridnaun, Italy for the pre world champs camp. There's a lot of movement in there, but there is also a lot of down time in between the trips.
       U26s are pretty much done for the US team. Casey Smith has an individual later on today that we're going to cheer for. Goals were not met. I've been optimistic this whole time for good reasons though. None of the three races were a major set back. Yesterday I had the third fastest ski time. My second stage was simply unprofessional. I could not for the life of me get a first shot off and when I did I missed. I ended the stage with and additional miss to salt the wound. I used all of the four km loop to resettle myself and it work with a very solid clean prone. The first and last stage had one miss each and were mediocre.
         Mediocre just about sums up the last three races, but Finland is a new day. For the first time in years the primary focus of the season is world champs in Ruhpolding. Every new race is a new opportunity and this season still has plenty of opportunities left in it.

No comments: