Saturday, December 10, 2011

This One's Optimistic

       There will no racing for me today. I started to feel a potential sore throat yesterday afternoon. Reluctantly I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and shrugged it off as paranoia. My fears were confirmed this morning. This is very obnoxious timing. I was looking forward to this race for multiple reasons and now those reason mean nothing. On the contrary there is a plus side to all of this and the best I can do is be optimistic and make the most of it.
        First off I paid 60$ for this race. I don't make a lot of money so I try to make the most of it. There was also the so called promise of cash prizes! Perhaps there was a profit in this. With or with out cash prizes this would have been a great chance to get a real race feel. I wasn't the only national team athlete on the start list. Also being sick is just never fun.
        On the other hand it does give you some time to relax. Waking up to a scratchy throat on the morning of a race feels cruel. But this race was only a NorAm and historically thinking I've never been sick twice with in a ten day period. So the way I see it I'm golden for the races next week in Minnesota. Those races do matter. I suspect that this might only be a 24 hour deal too. So I might give the pursuit a try. Or maybe not. We'll see.

P.S. the title of this article came from a song that I was listening to this morning.
        

No comments: