Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy November Everyone!

       Lets talk about November. Why am I writing about a month? Every year at some point the colorful leafs drop and turn brown. The wind picks up and the temperature drops as the clouds roll in giving this month the appropriate title of "the overcast month". Some people love it, some people despise it, and some people go to Florida. Replace Florida with West Yellowstone, MT and all three of those would describe my stance on our current month this year.
       First off, the first of November is always the first day of deer season in Maine. There are not that many deer where I am at and I don't have much time to go hunting but it is crucial part of this time of year. There has been some good sign down back of my mother's place lately and I've heard rumors of a buck roaming around my parts of the Stockholm woods. So who knows? There's plenty of hope yet for my deer hunting conquest.